In Step is primarily a practice offering group therapy for elementary school age children, teens and young adults, specializing in highly effective social skills group therapy programs for all age groups.
In Step’s unique approach involves working with parents to achieve real growth and change with their children and in the home. Each of our groups has a parent component. Whether through feedback at the end of each session, a parents-only monthly session or a parent group running in tandem with the children’s group, In Step provides support and guidance to parents throughout the therapeutic process.
Is In Step the right place for your child and your family? Here are a few questions you may consider to help you decide:
- How do I know if my child needs social skills help?
- In what ways can I support my child during this process?
- Why is my commitment important?
Group Openings at In Step
Our groups meet weekly in the evenings, Monday through Thursday, and some of our younger kid’s groups meet on Saturdays.
Pre-K/Elementary School Age Children
- (New) Elementary Age Group for Conquering Anxiety and Building Resilience, led by Cathi Cohen
- Elementary School Age Girls Social Confidence Group, Fairfax
- Stepping Stones Elementary School Age Social Skills Group
- Early Childhood Social Skills Group
Teens & Young Adults
- Adoptee Group, Middle School, Fairfax
- Adoptee Group, High School, Fairfax
- Middle School Girl’s Group
- Middle School Boy’s Group
- CoEd High School Group
- Teen Boys Group
- Teen Girls Group
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Skills Group for Adolescents
- Young Adult Group