Frequently, the most appropriate way to solve a family issue is to meet with the family together. This approach emphasizes such factors as relationships and communication patterns rather than traits or symptoms in individual members.
Family therapy requires a unique set of skills and expertise on the part of clinicians. Many In Step clinicians have that background and experience. Family therapy helps the family:
- develop healthy communication;
- solve family problems effectively;
- strengthen parenting skills;
- cope more effectively with loss or grief;
- navigate successfully through separation and divorce;
- transition well into blended families.
For more information about our family therapy services or to schedule an initial appointment, please contact us.