The post high school or college years mark new beginnings. This time of transitions presents young adults with new freedom and opportunity, as well as challenges and life-changing decisions.
In Step offers groups to help with this time geared towards young adults, aged 18-30, who need to improve their social and emotional well-being. Group work is a powerful tool for enhancing self-esteem and solving problems more effectively. Group provides a supportive forum to work on goals, such as:
- Improving self-esteem and strengthening identity
- Developing an ability to express anger effectively
- Coping effectively with conflicts
- Improving communication and listening skills
- Overcoming social anxiety
These concerns are not unique to young adults, but specific aspects of this period in life can exacerbate these difficulties, such as:
- Becoming more independent from your family
- Making meaningful friendships, outside of the structure of school
- Beginning professional relationships, and starting new jobs or a new career
- Growing interest in dating or pursuing deeper relationships
- Other changing expectations when entering adulthood
This group runs continuously once a week in the evening, with several groups available. An initial evaluation will determine recommended placement.
For more information about our Interpersonal Development for Young Adults group, please see our flyer and contact us.