The post high school or college years mark new beginnings. This time of transitions presents young adults with new freedom and opportunity, as well as challenges and life-changing decisions.
In Step offers groups to help with this time geared towards young adults, aged 18-30, who need to improve their social and emotional well-being. Group work is a powerful tool for enhancing self-esteem and solving problems more effectively. Group provides a supportive forum to work on goals, such as:
- Improving self-esteem and strengthening identity
- Developing an ability to express anger effectively
- Coping effectively with conflicts
- Improving communication and listening skills
- Overcoming social anxiety
These concerns are not unique to young adults, but specific aspects of this period in life can exacerbate these difficulties, such as:
- Becoming more independent from your family
- Making meaningful friendships, outside of the structure of school
- Beginning professional relationships, and starting new jobs or a new career
- Growing interest in dating or pursuing deeper relationships
- Other changing expectations when entering adulthood
For more information about our Interpersonal Development for Young Adults group, please see our flyer and contact us.