Research consistently highlights the success of parent groups in helping families make changes. Parents play a vital role in the social, emotional, and behavioral development of children. This Parenting IQ program offers:
- a weekly parent coaching group led by an experienced, licensed therapist
- easy to implement strategies, techniques, and methods that will help you gain confidence and support your child’s growth and development
- a safe place to share your issues and concerns
- worksheets and practice exercises to work on in between sessions
Is the Parenting IQ group a good fit for me?
- Are you often frustrated with your child’s behavior?
- Do you feel at a loss as to how to discipline your child effectively?
- Are you frequently engaged in a power struggle with your child?
- Do you struggle knowing which of your child’s misbehaviors to pay attention to and which to ignore?
- Do you frequently feel flummoxed as to how to respond productively to your child when they are melting down?
- Do you question whether your child’s behavior is “normal?”
What skills does the Parenting IQ group address?
- Setting realistic expectations
- Responding in the here and now
- Collaborating and problem solving
- Knowing what is ignorable
- Giving clear directions
- Setting loving limits
- Mindful thinking
- EGNOG – helping your child solve their own problems
- Resilience building
- Managing meltdowns
- Communicating and connecting
In order to determine whether a Parenting IQ group is a good fit for you, the next step is to call and talk with us. An initial evaluation meeting will help us create cohesive groups that encourage growth amongst members.