Children need opportunities to express their feelings about separation and divorce. Stepping Forward, our support group for children who are coping with separation and divorce, provides a chance for children to work through difficult transitions. These groups help children with the following goals:
- To understand what is happening in their families
- To express feelings about separation and divorce
- To communicate with parents more effectively
- ways to communicate about the divorce with their child(ren);
- what are developmentally appropriate responses to divorce;
- strategies for coping with difficult issues.
These groups meet for 12-16 weeks in the evening. Parent groups meet simultaneously.
For more information about our Stepping Forward groups, please contact us.
Find more information about our Co-Parenting After Divorce assistance here.