Group psychotherapy is a unique form of therapy in which a small number of people meet together under the guidance of a professionally trained therapist. During this time, patients are able to increase their social development skills and also help others develop their skills as well.
Group therapy has been a common practice for over 50 years and has been proven to be as effective, and sometimes more effective, than individual therapy.
Top Reasons Why Group Therapy Works
1. Group therapy helps children gain a feeling of acceptance from their peers that they may commonly not receive
2. Group therapy improves a child’s self-esteem
3. Children get to “role play” the lessons they learn in groups with their peers
4. Children learn techniques to help them self-regulate their emotions
5. In Group Therapy, children realize that there are other children working through emotional challenges just like them
At In Step, our therapists have the proper training and education to oversee a group therapy session. We understand the benefits of group therapy and work with each child to help them achieve their goals and develop social skills.
Which Groups Offer the Best Opportunities for Results in My Child?